For all ya’ll spiritual Millennials out there…
Got your fave tarot reader on speed dial? Do the hours pass by like mere minutes when you stop by the local metaphysical shop? Do you hide out when mercury is in retrograde but rock the f*ck out during a full moon?
If so, then there’s a good chance you are proudly living as a modern mystic…but just to be sure, check out the below and see if anything mothaf*ckin’ resonates.
1. You have wayyyyyyyy too many crystals. And they’re EVERYWHERE! Hiding in your purse, your pocket, your closets, the drawers…and so forth. (Tip: host a crystal swap with your buddies or just gift some of ’em to any peeps in need of a good vibe boost.)
2. You always find time to quietly reconnect with nature, maybe through going on a walk or bike ride around a lake or by meditating at a nearby park. You enjoy the rejuvenating feeling you get when you align closely with the earth’s energies. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll literally hug a tree here and there (after you’ve made sure no one’s watching).
3. You acknowledge there’s a divine matrix and cosmic consciousness which connects us all. And when you state that to others, you’re usually met with eye rolls or blank stares.
4. You freak out a little inside when you know that mercury is about to go in retrograde (eek!)…And diligently prepare for technology to go haywire, along with misunderstandings and communication issues with other fellow humans.
5. If you need to vibe the f*ck up, you have a designated spot or corner of your house that features a gorgeous altar, complete with sacred objects of meaning, peace, or beauty.
6. Before making any major decision, you meditate for hours and consult with your higher self, spirit guides and tarot cards. And also, for added clarity, perhaps even ponder what would Beyonce do?
7. You can get your daily dose of spiritual inspiration and motivational mantras by scrolling through the ‘gram. Well, that and on point beauty and fashion advice.
8. You understand how important it is to spiritually replenish yourself, so you regularly schedule in some delicious “me” time for meditation, yoga, qigong, quiet contemplation, prayer or the like.
9. As soon as you meet a potential love-mate, you sneakily get their birthdate and instantly lunge for your astrology books to see what insights they may bring. Hey, nothing wrong with being a little prepared!
10. You accept that some of your besties are of the non-living variety, including esoteric books, crystals, tarot decks, and incense.
11. You appreciate the beauty in even the smallest, most mundane things. Like that cute lil’ flower you saw the other day poking up from a crack in the sidewalk. Or that awkward stranger’s snort laugh on the bus which forced you to crack a smile.
12. You wouldn’t be caught dead in a low-vibe environment, such as a get together with peeps that just complain and gripe about their misfortunes. And if you find yourself in one, you get the heck on outta there!
13. You know exactly which of your chakras are out of balance at any given time. (You’re ’bout that self-aware life!)
14. Mainstream society thinks you’re a weirdo, and you gladly accept this as a compliment.
15. You’re living the smudge life, baby! You burn sage or palo santo on the regular to get your space all sparkly clear.
16. You (HEART) listening to soft, new age-y songs to soothe your spirit, but also can’t help but *get on down* to that hip hop and trap music and (t)werk it.
17. You politely excuse yourself out of other peoples’ negative auras.
18. You recognize the great truth that you are “a spiritual being having a human experience.” And damn, does it feel good. (Shout out to wise philosopher, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin for that gem!)
So pretty much if ya relate to any of these…
CONGRATS, you’re a modern mothaf*ckin’ mystic. Cheers to that!