Man, it’s a chaotic world out there. But I bet you probably didn’t need me to tell you that.
Which means it’s even MORE important to find ways to cope with the stress and anxiety that naturally comes with the modern world.
Ok, so I’m not gonna bore you with the basics. You already KNOW you need a daily meditation practice, that crystals are magically awesome, delicious superfoods can always help, and lot’s of self-care is ideal…
So let’s go BEYOND that, shall we?
If you’ve been feeling run down lately or are a bit stressed or depressed by what’s going on in the world today, check out the tools below to help you stay balanced, high-vibe, and on point to tackle whatever craziness gets thrown at you throughout the course of your day.
- Adaptogenic herbs. When taken, these babies help our bodies adapt to stressors of all kinds. Well, I don’t know about you, but I’d say most of modern society is a wee bit stressed. These herbs encourage our bodies to relax more by promoting homeostasis and include ashwagandha, holy basil (tulsi), cordyceps, and rhodiola. They have been used as natural medicine for hundreds of years in China and India. Check out this awesome ‘shroom product I love (don’t worry, it’s legal!) by Four Sigmatic:
P.S. – I like to make this shroom tea into a “bulletproof” latte with walnut milk and vanilla-infused ghee! nom nom nom.
- Brainwave entrainment. Two forms of entrainment include binaural beats and isochronic tones, which are sounds and music specifically designed to bring you to a certain brainwave state, depending on what you’re looking for. When played in headphones, these pulsing tones act as sound therapy to bring our brains (and therefore bodies) into a more balanced and relaxed state of mind. There are the top 3 brainwave states most peeps are looking to entrain to:
- Delta (0-4 Hz) – helps with deeper sleep and body healing
- Theta (4-7 Hz) – helps with deeper levels of meditation and creativity
- Alpha (7-13 Hz) – helps with relaxation and focus
My fave FREE entrainment app, “Beatfulness,” offers music for to assist with anything from “Energy Balance” to “Third Eye Activation,” and “Astral Projection” to “Deep Relaxation.” Not only is the music relaxing to listen to, but this app also features gorgeous images of sacred geometry (perfect for us modern mystics!) on the screen to view, thereby facilitating an even more relaxing experience.
- CBD. You can pretty much find Cannabidiol (CBD) everywhere and your Grandma’s house! Early research (and a crap load of anecdotal evidence) suggests it can help with reducing anxiety among a great many other things. You can find it in the form of powder, oil, capsules, and topical balms or lotions. CBD can enhance our mood and promote balance in our body, due to how it directly affects our endocannabinoid system, which plays a part in regulating homeostasis.
I highly recommend purchasing brands that are organic, full spectrum, uses a high-level extraction process like CO2, and has been tested by a third party to prove the supplement actually contains what it states on the label—like this brand.
- Personal Energy Practice. Feel empowered to clear your own aura (or electromagnetic field, however you so choose to call it), through designing your own energy building practice. This is absolutely critical for us empaths and HSPs. There are many ways to do this—some people like doing visualizations or taking sea salt baths—but I also like incorporating gentle physical movements to help me vibe-up so I’m on my energetic “A” game right from the start of the day!
Check out these two videos that I use regularly for my energy practice, by Energy Medicine pioneer, Donna Eden, and respected qigong practitioner, Lee Holden.
- Space Clear. It’s hard to function when your vibe doesn’t match that of your space. I highly recommend modern mystics regularly smudge their homes so that it can support them on a personal level, as well as any of their mystical activities by “upping the vibe frequency.” 🙂 And if you’re new to “the smudge life” (as I like to call it), all you have to do is burn some palo santo or a sage bundle and walk around your house with intention, allowing the smoke to waft around the space. For more on space clearing, click here.
- Gem elixirs. Drink some rocks! (Just kidding—actually please don’t, I can’t afford to be sued anytime soon.) Nah, but really crystal essences are an awesome way to drink in those good vibes! Basically, you infuse a crystal in water (much like you would with a lemon or cucumber) and hold the intention that it will soak up the metaphysical qualities you’re wanting to call forth that are associated with that gem.
- Clear (and clean) the tumbled crystals to be used. (note: do NOT use toxic or water-soluble crystals like selenite). To be safe, I recommend any of the quartz crystals, like amethyst, citrine, rose, or clear quartz.
- State intentions of why you chose this particular stone and what you are looking to call into your life.
- Add crystals to the water (preferable spring water) and place in the sun for a few hours at least to fully charge and “infuse.” This is also how flower essences are made!
- Take the crystal(s) out of the water and get your drank on with this now fully charged gem elixir!
**If you are worried about toxicity, you can also just place the crystals around the outside of the glass of water you are using. It’s always good to practice safe crystal-ing. To learn more about healing with crystals, click here!
- Ritualize. Create a morning and/or evening ritual. Perhaps this consists of some of the aforementioned recommendations. This isn’t about creating some boring routine to feel stifled by, this is about cultivating a sacred self ritual as a powerful tool to help support your mind, body, and spirit as a modern mystic, HSP, or Empath. And it just starts with a little mindfulness is all.
So ask yourself: what might that look like for you? And what simple rituals can you incorporate today to help nourish your soul?
Perhaps you’re already using some of these tools, but in the words of The Notorious B.I.G.:
“And if ya don’t know, now you knowwww!”
So DO TELL! Are you a modern mystic, HSP, or empath? Was this helpful at all or have you tried any of these tools? Let me know in the comments below!